About a month ago we lost someone who is very dear to my heart and I would be remiss if I did not recognize him in this blog. Jamie and I have known him as Grampy, many others knew him as Merwin. He was a large part of our life when we were children and was still very dear to us as we grew older. I am happy to say that he was able to meet Miles before he passed away, something I will forever be thankful for. Grampy, we will miss you, but we will remember you fondly forever.
We also celebrated a big birthday, Dad turned 60! We had a nice lunch (mom made pot roast, yum!) My uncle Ross came up for lunch and we had a great time visiting and eating. Dad enjoyed his birthday gift...
a new computer monitor...well he enjoyed it for about a day or so and then returned it. He decided to buy himself a new laptop instead.
Anyway, we had a great time spending time with family and relaxing, just enjoying being together.
We did get slammed with another snow storm over my school break, it was wonderful, wet, and heavy snow. It was warm enough to bring Miles outside for a bit. I wish I could know what he is thinking here.
Later that week Miles and I travelled down to Cornwall, VT for a baby shower. This is Dylan's cousin's wife Marci. She is due to have her baby at the end of March. We can't wait to see if Miles is going to have a little boy cousin or a little girl cousin! I was so proud of him that day, he was so happy the whole time we were there, just as content as could be.
Oh yeah, look whose sitting up now! Miles just perfected this in the last two weeks or so! I can't believe his is sitting up on his own now! Another milestone passed and he is eager to move on to the next one! I think he'll be crawling soon! Then we will have our work cut out for us!
I had to post this photo, my uncle Stuart sent Miles up a nice box of stuff a few month ago and he finally fits into this little Texas Rangers onesie, it was so cute on I had to take a picture! There is a little set of booties and a bib that goes with it. I think, however, Miles will be a Red Sox fan. Maybe he will root for the Rangers when they aren't playing the Sox! In a couple years we'll be putting him in the Cowboys t-shirt Stu sent up...
This past weekend Miles had another play date with his friend Ella (we were in birthing class with her parents). We had a great time getting together with them, it had been a while. It was so wonderful to see the changes that Ella has gone through, and was even better to have conversations with other adults who are going through the same things we are.
Miles and Ella chewed on toys (got to love teething), grabbed each other where ever they could reach, and thankfully took a short nap so we could have quality adult time. Miles was a gentleman and let Ella sleep in his crib (her first time in a crib) while he decided to have a bottle and just sleep in his highchair.
Ella also got some practice in Miles' jumpy seat. She loved playing in it.
And the last picture I have to show of our little date is so cute and hilarious! (Ann and Bannon I hope you don't mind me posting this picture) We all joked that Ella would probably be using this look for many years to come....
Oh, what a little cutie pie!
So that has been our last month or so... I will leave you as I usually do with some of our recent precious photos...enjoy! I promise to post sooner than later!
Here is Miles, captivated by is mobile....who knew some computer printouts, card board, and some paint could be so amazing!
Bronson and Miles are strengthening their bond...
And last but not least, Miles after his favorite time of the day....bath time!

2 comments:
Miles is just too cute, he makes me smile! It was great to finally meet him, and see you again, since it had seriously been forever.
I keep up with your blog so that's one more to add to your two readers.
If only two people are looking at this blog who is the other person besides me?
Hey I love keeping updated. you guys look great. i will swing by soon to say hello. Hey you guys should swing by my place for St. Patrick's Day
Post a Comment