Miles

Miles

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Past 5 months.....

Okay, so yes it has been a long time, but we either haven't done much to report, or it just hasn't been a priority for me to tend to the blog.  Either way it has been on my mind for some time now and I am going to do my best to bring you up to speed on the last few months of our lives.  Miles is so big now and seems to be a full-on toddler.  It was almost over night.  One day I looked at him and just realized how big and grown-up he is.  He is talking up a storm and has so many new words everyday!  It just melts my heart when I drop him off at school and he says, "Bye-bye mommy!"  We are working really hard on "I love you" he may have said it a couple times, but if he did it sure sounds a lot like, "where are you?".  "I get you" is also VERY cute!  So here it is, my latest post, a little pictoral blog of some of the things we were up to over the last few months.....enjoy!


Miles loved the snow and sledding this year, the smallest hill was so fun, this little hill is at my parents house.


When my sister was younger she used to wear these toe socks.  One Wednesday she found them in the basement and put them on Miles.  Doesn't it look like he has little monster feet!  So cute!


We found this little wagon in a consignment store for 4 bucks, Miles loves it, he tries to sit in it.  As soon as he gets in he says, "Weeee!"  I don't know if you can tell by the size, but it isn't quite big enough for him, he sure does try though.


Need I say more?


My dad turned 61 this year and we thought we (mom, Jamie, Jerritt, and us) would get him something he would never get himself...he loves it! (It's and iPad if your having a hard time)


Lil' blue eyes.....


We decided to try out the ECHO center one day.  Miles ran around that place yelling "What's dat!" He loved it.  We have been back a couple times since.  


They have a little play area for kiddos with a boat, a slide, and a little peek-a-boo turtle tank, you can poke your head up into the tank to get a different view.  


The poor little guy tuckered himself right out.  I went to check on him during his epic 2 1/2 hour nap (he usually naps around 1 1/2 - 2 hours) and this is how I found him.


Just a little update on the budding friendship.  Bronson had become much more tolerant of Miles, until he had to have knee surgery and then he became grumpy and sensitive.  I think it will pass when we are able to get into our old routine.  We are hoping he is going to be back to his old self by June.


For those of you that didn't get to see pictures of the crazy snow storm we got, here is one, I think at once we got about 3 feet of snow....we already had a bunch.  In this picture Dylan is digging a place for Bronson to go out a do his business.


Such cute mud boots!


Doesn't he look so cute in the sweater my Meme made for him!  Blue just like his eyes!  I was so excited when it fit him so nicely.  It is a very beautiful sweater!  Thank you Meme!


In early April Miles and I went down to the Waterfront with my dad.  Here's a little view of what it looked like down there at the time.  It is now unrecognizable, covered in drift wood with no access to the boathouse due to the high water.


Miles was having a great time!


Going for a little swing with Grampy


Chasing a pigeon....


And here we are, caught up to just two weeks ago.  In Colchester there is an event every year around the same time.  It is called "Touch a Truck".  They bring vehicles of all kinds to the high school parking lot and for the first hour kids get to run around and hang out in whatever they want.  It is a "quiet" time, not horns or sirens.  The second hours kids can blow the horns and make the sirens go.  Miles had a blast.  Here he is in a little (and I mean little) helicopter.







Later that same day, Dylan graduated with his associates from VTC.  He will be going back in the fall to continue on for his bachelors.  We are all very excited and proud of him.



Miles has begun a new adventure.  He is a child who LOVES to be outside and now that it is getting nicer out, and hopefully will stop raining sooner than later, we are able to get him out for bike rides.  Dylan went and bought him a little helmet, we had a buggy from Ronda and Dean.  He really likes to ride around in it, and doesn't he look darn cute in his helmet!




So, that's all for now, I will do my best to update the blog a little more frequently.  And come back soon, I am going to try to put together a little video for you so you can see the little man in action.  Hope all is well with you!  


Jenny xxoo


No comments: