Miles

Miles

Friday, September 9, 2011

Summer fun! (Part 1)

We have been very busy this summer, and luckily we have had some wonderful weather...well, minus Irene stopping by.  This is my first "teacher" summer, by which I mean that I didn't work too much this summer.  I did do some tutoring for a child and I truly enjoyed it.  This fall I am doing some substitute teaching.  Even though I was fortunate enough to have some time off this summer I did happen to stay good and busy.  I'll have to take a picture, but one household project I have been wanting to do for a while is/was painting the cabinets.  I finally/almost finished that project!  I am so thrilled with the way they turned out (I still have a small section to do).  Now it seems so strange for it to be going into mid-September and I am not working in a classroom with 20 different children!  Yet, I still seem to have so much to do, so I am thankful to have some extra time to do it.  In fact I have read more books this summer than I have read in years!

As usual I have a pictorial story of our summer for you.  I will be breaking it up into two parts and I will hopefully be adding some video (that I know I promised the last time I blogged).  As usual during the week of July 4th we went up to camp a couple times to see family.  I have to admit I wasn't doing a great job staying on top of the camera though so I don't have as many pictures as I would like that are of anything other than Miles.  Miles was thrilled with the lake and the time he spent there.  I think that he threw rocks into the lake for at least 3 hours!


It seems like he was in awe of the size of the lake, he spent the better part of the morning calling it a pool before he was finally convinced it is actually called a lake.


He had fun having Aunt Jamie picking up rocks for him and then turning to the water and throwing them in.  If he had the words, the next day, he probably would have told me his arms were sore!


So cute!


We decided to buy our family a pass to Shelburne Farms and we have made good use out of it this summer!  Here are some photos of our first trip.  Miles has enjoyed "chasing" the chickens around.  They say your aren't supposed to chase the chickens around, but how do you explain that to an (almost) two year old?


Our neighbor Courtney works at the Farm in the summer and held a chicken for Miles so he could get nice and close to it.  He thought that was pretty special.


Miles LOVED the big cow, Belle.  He kept wanting to go back and a look at the cow.  It was very sweet.


Love my boy!


Miles ate his first corn on the cob and he loves it!  It is so funny, he will eat just about every kernel off of the cob, but if I give him corn that isn't on the cob he won't eat it....oh the eating habits of a toddler!


How can you resist this face?


One of Miles' favorite things to do is spend time with his Aunt Jamie.  She started a game of rolling down the hill, guess who wanted to quit first?  If you guessed Miles you would be wrong!  Maybe she'll think twice about what she tries to get Miles to do.


Miles enjoyed a lot of swimming this summer, he has become very brave jumping into the water and going under.  Dylan said this pool was pretty cold, I don't think that Miles cared one little bit!


Miles and Daddy...  


Can you tell that these two are related?


We went to a few concerts in the park this summer, one was in Williston, a Beatles cover band.  We had a great time.  Miles even got to hang out with one of his friends from his old school.  They were so excited when airplanes kept flying over head.


Well as I told you, this was just the beginning of our summer!  Stay tuned for part two!!!!!!  

Jenny xxoo

No comments: