Miles

Miles

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Nice, quiet, uneventful?

So the last week for the Degree family has been a little crazy.  I am supposed to finish up my maternity leave this week, heading back to work on the 16th, but....the childcare we had set up, fell through.  We were extremely disappointed, especially since we didn't find out about it falling through until late on Friday.  That meant we couldn't do a thing about it until Monday nor could I do anything about work until Monday.  Dylan and I decided to enjoy our weekend regardless.  Miles and I went to a baby shower on Saturday morning.  Of course he was doted on left and right, he was so great there, didn't get fussy at all!  I always cross my fingers (don't want to be the one with a cranky baby at a nice event, ya know?).  The rest of the day was spent relaxing and getting prepped for our big photo shoot the next day.

Here is one outfit we were going to put Miles in for the photos:

Sooo cute, my mom calls him a little lumberjack.

In the end we went with a little hat from our friend Linda and a sweater made by his great-grandma Audrey.


Adorable, right?  We went up to Underhill at Greenmont Farm http://www.greenmontfarms.com/aboutGreenmont.shtml.  It was a beautiful spot that the photographer picked out, apparently he had done some work there for the man that owns the property.  It was a neat little barn.  We were there with Dean, Ronda, Nick, Adam, Dennis, Joanna, and Alyssa.  Our first family photos!  Here is one that Ronda took with her camera, we can't wait to see what Rob (the photographer) took with his camera.


We had a wonderful time and then went to lunch.  It was our first time at a restaurant with Miles, and guess what he did, slept the whole time.  Which was a good thing because we were going to bring a bottle to feed him, dad packed the milk, but forgot to pack the ever important bottle!

On Monday I hit the phone pretty hard looking for a childcare center for Miles.  Dylan had found some numbers on Craig's list, which were promising.  I visited two places on Monday, they were okay, I know  he would be loved there and safe, but they were not places I was totally comfortable with.  After many, many, many phone calls to colleagues, friends, and family I was hooked up with the director at Kids and Fitness in Williston.  They are an extension of the Sports and Fitness Edge (or what used to be known as Racquet's Edge).  They have a great program and turned out they had a part-time spot open up.  I am so excited for Miles to be going there.  It is a little out of my way, well a lot out of my way for work, but what he will gain there makes it all worth it.  He is going to start swimming when he is 6 months old, and as he gets older he will begin dance classes and tennis!  It's all included in his tuition.  My hope is that he will be able to go full-time eventually, but that's a bit more money.  Anyway, we are so happy to have found a spot for Miles where he will learn and grow into the person he is meant to be.  Believe me, I will be sleeping much easier tonight!

No comments: