Miles

Miles

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Time Flies!!!

Now that our childcare situation has been resolved we have slept a little bit easier.  We were busy getting things together so Miles had everything he needed to start school.  It's amazing what a baby needs and there is always more!  But....before starting school Miles had his first date!



Her name is Ella, isn't she adorable?  We were in the same birthing class as her parents, Ann and Bannon.  They came for dinner and a little play date.  It was so great to talk with people who are going through the same things we are going through.  We can't wait for our next date!  It's hard to believe that Miles is only 8 days older than Ella!!  What a tank!

Then on Saturday the 14th we had a visit from great-anuties Carol and Leah.  He hammed it up for them, boy does he know how to work a crowd!  This was Leah's second visit and Carol's first.  I think it is safe to say she fell instantly in love.



It was great visiting with our aunts, short, but very sweet.

On Monday Miles had his first day of school.  We did decide to go with the center at the fitness center, or as my friend lovingly refers to it, the baby spa...  Here is a pic of his first day of school.



It was so hard dropping him off, I knew it would be difficult, but I didn't realize how hard the strings of my heart would tug when I walked out the door.  His teachers loved him and couldn't believe how happy he was when he woke up.  They were surprised to hear him giggle when he did (it is the cutest thing I have ever heard!).  He went Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday this week.  His teachers said he did great, but didn't sleep much, I told them "Welcome to my world!"  Miles does sleep well at night so I can't complain, but he doesn't sleep too well during the day.  I think he'll get the hang of it once we get into a routine.

Friday was mom's 60th birthday.  We had just what she wanted for dinner, cheeseburgers and orzo!  It was delicious!!  I could have had two burgers!  We had a pumpkin gingerbread trifle for dessert, a recipe I found on the Food Network last year, and never had a the opportunity to use it.  It was very yummy!



We had a wonderful evening.  Mom held it together through all of the sappy cards until...



her first happy birthday Grandma card!!  She started to cry when she read his card, it wasn't intended to be sappy, plus it has a picture of the guys from the "happiest place on Earth".  Who knew!  We had a wonderful evening just hangin' at the house.

Now we are just waiting for Thanksgiving to come around, we are having some very special visitors come for the holiday, we can't wait for them to meet Miles.  I will leave you with the cutest picture we have taken (well maybe not, but you can be the judge!)  Take care!


No comments: